Room thermostat not switching off heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I'm new to the forum and would appreciate some guidance with an issue I am currently facing.

I have a honeywell thermostat in my home and a Worcester Combi boiler.

The problem is my thermostat doesn't turn the heating off no matter what temp I set it to all the way down to 0. I can hear it click though at around the 20+ mark if that means anything.

As a result even though I have my boiler on timer I have to manually control the temperature from the boiler knob.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

gQZNBEB.jpg

qhm7SGJ.jpg

i1nNIe3.jpg

Sponsored Links
A little bump for you.
Im not a heating eng, but I would guess the motorized valve is not working, Im sure you will get proper advice soon.

PS Welcome

A little bump for you.
Im not a heating eng, but I would guess the motorized valve is not working, Im sure you will get proper advice soon.

PS Welcome

Thanks where is this valve normally located?

Thanks where is this valve normally located?
You have a combi boiler, so you have a diverter valve, built into the boiler. This switches it between supplying hot water and supplying central heating - you can't have both at the same time.

But it's unlikely to be the diverter.

Turn the power off
Remove the thermostat from its backplate
Check that none of the wires are touching each other
If they are, remedy this, replace stat and turn power on - END

If wires OK, turn power ON (without replacing the stat)

If problem goes away, you have a faulty stat
If problem remains, the fault is at the boiler end.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back