Shower bath mixer taps water flow / pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, i'm new here ! Mechanic by trade but enjoy diy. Now......our bath ( 1st floor house , tank in loft) did have 2 separate taps . We had a rubber push on shower hose and head. Due to wear and tear we decided to change this to a mixer tap /shower. I bought one which is a complete unit but with one lever tap in the middle and the hose comes out from under the one main water exit. Husband fitted it .......water flow way too slow....more of a trickle. After this I did some research on the tap i'd bought which said recommended pressure 0.5 bar :oops: . I then discovered how to work out what pressure we have and how far away the tank is vertically....0.2 bar....so , I have now found a mixer tap that says it will work on 0.1 bar....i'm assuming this will be the correct one to buy . The water in the cistern/ sink taps is exactly as it was before - no air or crap in the pipes. Good flow and pressure. In your opinions should this work ? thank you in advance for your help
And yes , I did admit to my husband I bought the wrong one !

Sponsored Links
Yes it will work, but your problem may be what the height of the shower head will be from the cold tank, if you have it on an adjustable rail. if it's too close to the level that the cold tank is at then the head of pressure may not be adequate for a decent flow from the shower.

ok, thank you . In our previous house , the set up was the same and it had a low pressure mixer set on the bath. The water pressure here seems slightly better than there. Hopefully it should work .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back