Strap on Boss for Asbestos stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an Asbestos soil stack that I wish to install a strap on boss.
I've seen others suggesting using pvc type and using silicone to create a seal but to me this doesn't sound like the best long term solution as the silicone is bound to deteriorate in a short time.
I've seen bosses designed for cast iron that have rubber seals that provide a sound seal.
Would fitting the cast iron type be suitable or is there a dedicated product out there for asbestos stacks!
Thank in advance

Sponsored Links
I would expect that if you don't want to replace the whole stack then a bodge is going to be all that can be done.

Replacing the stack is pretty easy as plumbing jobs go.

Not something I do often and last one I seriously under estimated how long it would take! I now allow about a day!

Tony

you need to be seriously careful if your cutting into anything that has asbestos. Whole raft of HSE regs that shld be followed - had to do a major risk assessment recently when taking out an old 75 gal cement CWSC tank (95% of these contained 5-10% asbestos). You even need to wear face masks and body suits just to scrape off asbestos laced artex (possible to find asbestos in any artex applied right up to the mid 80's ) :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back