toilet not flushing properly... blocked u bend or syphon ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a dual flush toilet from b&q (i think, i didnt instal it).

The toilet will flush but the bowl fills up and takes a while to drain and it takes a couple of flushes to get rid of paper and other things....

I have searched online andnit may be the syhphon filter?? But as the unit is seLed all i can donis pull it away from the wall about 2 inches.

Does this sound like the syphon filter and if so how do i fix it without calling a plumber??

Please help.... Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi it sounds like you have a blockage in your soil pipe-check the nearest manhole to the toilet if you have one this might be blocked(saves taking out pan)
then if the manhole is ok a good plunge in the toilet with a drain rod or plunger usually unblocks it 98% of time-if toilet is new,has it been installed correctly?is foreign object blocking it give it a good plunge

Hi sorry i should have said checked the manhile but its quite a way from the hoise. The drain outside the kitchen was blocking up bu that has now sorted itself out. I thiught tjere might he something stuck in the pipe as we have a 3 yr old as well. Will try a plunger as have a long drain rod but hasnt shifted anything in the toilet....

Sponsored Links
Update is the main sewer pipe to the manhole was blocked. Jetting didnt work cause the pipe was broken ( main cause of the blockage... Babywipes) so ended up digging up the patio down 1.5 meters of clay and replacing the pipe.... Lovely job.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back