Understairs toilet with push button flush, flush is limp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a toliet room under the stairs in there is just the toilet and a button on the wall to flush it, behind the wall of the toliet room is the bit that holds the water the toliet uses for flushing, I can access that from another cupboard.

I've noticed the flush bottom seems to be a limp and now it needs a good push to make the loo flush. I'm not sure how these type of toliets work as it has this push button and its diffcult to access the workings of the toliet, is they anything obvious that would make the flush button less effective ? I noticed that behind the loo there appears to be a clear rubber tube comming out of the wall, not sure what that is ?

Also I noticed that sometimes (if heavy load is flushed) :rolleyes: the toliet appears to leak at the base, thing is though the waste outlet from the loo isn't one the goes into the floor downwards but into the wall at 45 degrees,
I checked the connection on the pipe and it seems fine, any idea what could cause the leak at the base then, could the toliet itself be damaged . cracked ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Blocked drain line/manhole.

Faulty pan connector

Tubing coming off air push button or coming off syphon

Andy

A leak around the flush cone, where the flush pipe joins the pan, or a leak where the flush pipe joins the flush valve / syphon in the cistern can both leave puddles around the base of a pan.
Sometimes the water follows the outside of the flush pipe and drops onto the pan connector behind the pan, giving the illusion the pan connector is at fault, sometimes it just trickles down the outside of the pan, and ends up on the floor.

Sponsored Links
you need to remove the button and see if there is a rubber bellows. it might have split. if you follow the clear hose to the cistern the bellows might be there. either way. there could be a split somewhere in the air way, which stops the flush mechanism moving as easily as it should.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back