Unusual basin tap how to replace washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this type of tap in my toilet basin and was wondering what type of tap it is and what type of washer/valve it uses. Also how do I go about changing it[/img]

Sponsored Links
Supatap, that what it called.

Very easy to rewasher, undo the nut behind the black bit and as you unscrew, water will stop as there a special stopper inside to make it easier with rewasher. When it out, tap the front on a surface and the bit with the washer come out. Take it to shop to buy spare washer.

Dan.

Dan the tap is not leaking , but because it is not used a lot the valve sticks and has to be wound out until it comes out with a force splashing all around as it is only a little sink. I just want to free it up and possibly put a bit of grease to stop it sticking. What a great idea not having to turn the water off, why doesn't all taps use this method.

Bob

Not many places will keep Supatap washers. Ring round first.
(And I bet half the places you ring won't have a clue what a Supatap is!)

Sponsored Links
Toolstation has them.....Type A (13mm) or type D (15mm)
They come with their own brass jumper, I think?
John :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back