Using Intergas Combi for vented sytem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I will be fitting a heating and hot water system into my bungalow.
The water is from a well. The gas supply is LPG.I have a back boiler stove and will be putting in Solar panels.
After a bit of research am leaning towards
3 coil copper Solar 300 l cylinder.
A Intergas Combi Compact HRE 28/24 with mains cold through a coil to preheat it.
Has anyone got experience of fitting the heating side of this combi to a vented system, and if so is there any pitfalls to watch out for.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Dan Thanks for the quick reply, was just getting conflicting info as to putting a Intergas combi on an vented system on the primary side .

The idea is mains into coil in cylinder to preheat it, then to combi then to outlets.The cylinder getting its heat from stove in winter solar in summer,therefore using less lpg and it might be mentioning the reason I want to do it this way is I have long absences from house working away.

I have not got a fitter yet but I am coming down on the side of the Intergas because of its ability to accept preheated water and no nonsense build.
Apart for the Stove, all other things are in planning stage so if you feel its not workable please let me know .

Who is giving you conflicting advice?

Even when a combi allows preheated water to be used its often better to use a blending valve to prevent it entering too hot.

If the preheated water is too hot the minimum heat output of the boiler is too high and it cycles and creates a varying DHW output temerature.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony thanks for the reply

The conflicting advise is from different suppliers of boilers and from various research on the web.I joined this Forum because I felt the advise even and well thought out and mostly constructive

The cold mains will go through a regulating valve to provide a constant temp to boiler, and I was going to set this a 50/60 degrees.

Thanks for the heads up.
Mick

The boiler output should not be more than 55 degrees!

The inlet about 30-35 degrees to avoid cycling depending on the flow rate being taken!

Tony

Thanks Tony
I am hoping to have H/W feed to enter the combi at as near to the optimum as possible or else go direct to outlets.(which on the intergas combi is 55 I believe)

On the C/H side I will hopefully have heating running off stove boiler when I am in residence with the combi taking up the slack.

But because as I am still at planning stage, I am open and grateful for any observations and input.

Mick

Sounds like you need a thermal store rather than a cylinder...

hi....Is there a way of setting up a thermal store to give Me instant hot water ?

Or a better way of putting it Is there any advantage given my particular requirements in having A 300 litre thermal store.

Because it is the easiest way of combining multiple energy sources especially when on is a wood burning stove.

You don't need the combi, but the Intergas OV will be fine, although you will need a meaty pump or a blending valve to raise the return temp to the boiler quickly.

At the risk of sounding a bit weird - again - I have a 300 litre thermal store with a 100kW plate heat exchanger up for grabs.

It also has a dedicated coil for solar and dedicated tappings for Solid fuel.

Sounds good ..will have a look at that set up and get my head around it and the economic s of the two different set ups in the long term
Thanks for the offer regarding the thermal but am a long way off the fitting stage still ripping stuff out at mo..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back