Vaillant Ecotec HW fine but CH not working S.30 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...

I recently moved into a new flat with a Vaillant ecotec. The HW was already working fine when we moved in and to save money we decided not to put the CH on until we needed it (which is definitely now!!)

So I looked up the manual online and as far as I can tell all is working fine. Except for the lack of CH... I've set the knobs to the correct positions and temperatures... & have turned the thermostat up to 30... but still nothing and when I status check I only ever get S.30 (Room thermostat no heating demand)

Please help! It's cold! Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks so much for the advice... but I don't understand what it means?! Can you put it into laymans terms?! I'd ask my landlord but he's away :(

Unless you are confident with working with PCBs and electrics,I would leave in to a professional.

"By linking out the 3+4 on the PCB you are disconnecting the external controls" therefore eliminating them. boiler should then work.

Thanks so much for the advice... but I don't understand what it means?! Can you put it into laymans terms?! I'd ask my landlord but he's away :(

If you are a tenant then leave it for the landlord to sort out!

Ok I guess I'll have to wait til he gets back (sooo cold!) :(

Thanks so much for your help anyway. I really appreciate it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back