vaillant ecotec pls 418 F22 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my elderly mum has Vaillant ecotec plus 418 on an open vent system falshing F22. the boiler is now outside warranty . the manual says low pressure . but there are no filling loops underneath the boiler. Her neighbour says thats coz its NOT a pressurised system and to look at the pump [ which has never been changed] . Ive changed the pump, bled the radiators and its still has a F22 fault . can anyone suggest what else i could try before parting with ££££. i would be very grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
F22 dry fire, is there water in the header tank, also you might have blockage on cold feed pipe. air in the system

Paul

thanks Paul..ive checked and there is water in the header tank . however im not sure how i would check blockage on cold feed pipe. air in the system? any advice appreciated

How does the pump sound?
Did you drain down heating to change pump or turning off valves at each end of pump?

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
Seems expensive changing the pump unless the old one was faulty.

Better to correctly diagnose the fault first before changing anything!

Tony

Hi , i drained the whole system to change the pump. the pump has never been changed in 20years. when i touched the pump it was not spinning but felt boiling hot to touch so assumed it was seized and faulty. it was a grudfos pump [ups15-50]. so i tried to manually unseize it by remving the centre screw and using a flat head screw driver to no avail. the replacment pump now comes with a its own cable and appears to have 3 green neon lights. the lights come on intermittenetly. and i can hear the pump only when the lights come on . then the pump sits idol for a while. im thinking it waits for demand of hot water from the boiler and then kicks in but since there a fault the boiler probably isn't calling for hot water unless i keep resetting the boiler [on/off]. does that sound right?

Is it a dab pump you have fitted, if so have you got it on the correct setting, also are you sure pump valves are open

Paul

Are you quite sure there is water in the pump?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back