Veissman Vitodens 100 W 35kw Combi boiler gas connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone let me know if the Vitodens 100 W 35kw what size is the gas supply pipe to the boiler, is it 15mm or 22mm cheers Gary

Sponsored Links
I know the answer but before I decide wether or not I should give you this info from a safety point of view I would like to know why you need this info and who will be installing this boiler

Hi its because the previous boiler was 24year old and going into that one is 15mm but the gas into the house is 22mm and the join is somewhere under the floorboards and laminate flooring, a registered gas fitter is fitting the boiler which he is getting tomorrow, i've checked the Veissmann website and the fitting instructions but it doesn't say cheers

Sponsored Links
All I can tell you is that it will require more than 15mm and depending on distance I would be surprised if 22mm is enough for a 35kw boiler your installer should know this!

I think the major point has somewhat been missed the connection size/type is not relevant even if it had a 15mm connection doesn't mean you can run a 15mm gas supply to it!

Your installer should have explained this to you I would be very surprised if your pipework does not need upgrading this should be outlined in your quote

I wouldn't even consider connecting a 35kw combi to 15mm gas supply

Like everyone else I dont know why you are asking!

Its the registered installer's responsibility to correctly size the gas supply.

Perhaps you are jumping the giun here or perhaps you dont trust the installer?

Quite simply the supply will need to be at least 22 mm and quite likely 28 mm over at least part of the route.

Tony Glazier

the connection size on the boiler is pretty irrelevant. After the boiler is commissioned ask for the gas rate to be recorded on the benchmark or a certificate to prove the gas rate is correct and has been checked. If you doubt the installer get a second opinion...

I suspect the OP is fitting the boiler or a non RGI is doing the work. I am also surprised at the amount of information, safety related at that, has been posted.

OP, my advice to you would be, if you are thinking of fitting this boiler, resist the temptation as there are a lot of things you need to know about fitting the appliance and bits that hook up to it. You may save some money now, but things you fail to comprehend, will then cost you plenty late on.

If you are asking because you plumber does not know, then get an installer who knows what he is doing.

No its because my Gas fitter is a mate who is very busy so I am trying to do as much leg work as i can to help

If your "mate" is a RGI who works for an Employer it is unlikely that he will be registered to work fo anyone than than his Employer! be careful!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back