Vokera Linea 7 and Salus RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

ive just purchased a Salus RT500FT to fit to my Vokera Linea 7 boiler but im having trouble understanding what the wiring situation is. Ive had a look at the existing basic analogue timer and how its connected and its connected to neutral, live, ta and =.

When fitting the salus reciever do i remove all 4 of these connections and wire the salus into the same points?

Also, i have a honeywell thermostat thats connected to the system but im not sure what wires these are. I want to remove this if possible as the salus will be acting as the thermostat.

Ive attached a pic of my current connections in the boiler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

ive just purchased a Salus RT500FT to fit to my Vokera Linea 7 boiler but im having trouble understanding what the wiring situation is. Ive had a look at the existing basic analogue timer and how its connected and its connected to neutral, live, ta and =.

When fitting the salus reciever do i remove all 4 of these connections

yes or unplug the clock from its multiplug

wire the salus into the same points?

No not quite, for a start the Salus only has two connections and you will have to disconnect the existing thermostat as you have guessed (these are the black and grey cores connected to = and the other TA) there will also likely to be a neutral connected to the existing stat too
disconnect the internal clock and stat (you may be able to utilise the stat connections for the Salus)
you then wire the salus L and S/L to TA and TA

Matt

thanks for getting back to me and pointing me in the right direction matt.

on the salus i have NO, com, live and neutral. do i connect like this?:

NO----------TA
Com--------TA
Live---------Live
Neutral-----Neutral

really appreciate your help mate - new to this sort of stuff :S

Andy

Sponsored Links
You could just leave the clock/programmer connected & switch it to 27/7.

You'd then just put a 4 core between the boiler & the receiver unit L,N,Com,On. Remove the room thermostat link from the boiler & connect it there.

at the moment the thermostat is connected to the = & TA, would connecting the new salus to the = & TA work? - what is the =?

sorry for being an idiot :S

Thanks,
Andy

They are just terminal marks mate. You're not an idiot, we all learn something new everyday.

at the moment the thermostat is connected to the = & TA, would connecting the new salus to the = & TA work? - what is the =?

sorry for being an idiot :S

Thanks,
Andy

the = is just a blank terminal used for connection purposes, connecting the Salus to = & TA would only work if you left the internal clock in and set it for 24hrs as per delta2's post

Matt

ahhh ok. so if i put the internal clock to "always on" then connected the salus as explained in delta2's post it would then be fully functional as long as i remove the existing thermostat?

i take it that it doesnt matter which TA the salus is connected to as there are two?

Which method of connecting would be recommended? with or without the existing clock?

Thanks again guys, your help is priceless.

andy

ahhh ok. so if i put the internal clock to "always on" then connected the salus as explained in delta2's post it would then be fully functional as long as i remove the existing thermostat?

i take it that it doesnt matter which TA the salus is connected to as there are two?

Which method of connecting would be recommended? with or without the existing clock?

andy

I'd just leave the integral clock, saves trying to find a 'blank' for the hole & yes set for on 24/7. Remove the two room thermostat wires & connect your Salus to them. Of course you also need a L & N from the boiler to power up your Salus receiver.
HTH

andy
Yes, no, and it's up to you ;)
I personally would disconnect the existing clock or take it out if I still had the blanking plate but thats me and this is your boiler,so if you are happy leaving it in then its up to you mate

excellent, thanks for getting back to me. ill have a go at it tonight :)

thanks again to both of you for your help.

Andy

I've just had another read of this,do you mean which way round the salus switch terminals connect to TA & TA? if so then no not really
To clarify -

If you are leaving in the existing clock then you will be connecting the salus to the same two terminals that the existing stat is presently connected to (= & TA) and L+N
If you are disconnecting the existing clock then you will be connecting the salus to TA & TA (and L+N)

Matt

hi matt,

ok thanks for the clarification, i think ill leave the existing clock in place just to keep things simple.

Thanks again,
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back