Water taken from stream to use in the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking for help with regards drawing water from a stream and passing it through a filtration unit and then pumping it into the house mains, and using that rather then AWA water.
I understand that I must have 45psi going into the main, and I need a pump which will deliver such pressure 45psi. Also I don’t need the pump to run continually for the power I use on the electricity will outweigh the amount I am saving on water A dilemma
thank you in antisapation of your help
Jeff (Woodland)

Sponsored Links
You will need an extraction licence ( depending on the annual volume taken! )

You will probably need LA approvals and perhaps need to send them copies of testing certificates of the water.

A holding tank and pressurisation pump will be needed.

Tony

Thank you for your replies I have asked about the extraction amount I am told it is 21,000 ltr a day before applying for a licence.

Would you say pump the water up to a holding tank, and then with a pump ( which will produces 45 psi) pump it through filter and on to the main connection.

I thought I could pump water up to a holding tank over night using a whale pump 12v which in turn is powered by a solar battery charger. and then use the 45psi pump no idea of the make of the pump which will produce the amount of pressure that is required.

Again thank you for your comments
Regards
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies I have asked about the extraction amount I am told it is 21,000 ltr a day before applying for a licence.

Regards
Jeff

That seems a very large volume! Apparently more than a herd of 400 cows needs!?

Saves a lot of bother with testing a filtering if you only use it for flushing toilets and the WMC.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back