Wet underfloor heating - strange problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 years ago I had installed wet underfloor heating in my new extension along with a new central heating system in my house. Everything worked fine. Recently had my loft converted with some extra rads installed.

When the cental heating is on all the rads work fine, no problems. When just the underfloor heating is on (and not the rads) the rads get warm but not hot. At first I thought one of the two way valves was not working but when feeling the pipe that feeds the rads at the 2 way valve its stone cold. Iam assuming the return water from the underfloor heating is feeding the rads in reverse?

Before I go back to the plumber has anyone got any advice or experiance in this field? I'm sure its something simple.

Many thanks for any advice recieved.

Sponsored Links
Non- return valve required in radiator circuit return pipe, BEFORE the branch from the underfloor heating ;)

Many thanks Boilerman2. I thought it would require a non return valve just wanted someone to back up the idea. Now to see what my plumber will say, probabley want some extra money to sort it! lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back