Will unused tap holes leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently had a bathroom fitted, above the end of the bath opposite the taps and plug hole we have had a shower fitted. Though at this end there are two covers which seem to cover where plug holes could have gone if they had been fitted at the wrong end of the bath. My question is will water leak through these or should I put some sealent around them. I can't easily remove the side of the bath to look for leaks as the panel is sealed in. Is this normal or did the plumbers add these?

If these were fitted by the manufacturer I would have confidence they are OK, though if they were fitted by the plumbers (who seemed a bit slap dash) then I better put some sealent around.

Cheers
Ben

Sponsored Links
Show us a pic sounds abit strange.
Don't think i've ever come across a bath with extra tap holes that need plugging.

Sponsored Links
take the bath panel off and squirt water around, see if it leaks. If it's already been sealed and doesn't leak, you're better off not trying to take it apart and re-seal it.

the panel will have to come off next time the waste connector or the trap leaks, or the taps go wrong and have to be changed, or you get a flood, so you may as well get used to the idea that a bath panel must be removable.

how the hell do you drill the wrong end of a bath?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

has he been paid by any chance? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back