Worcester Bosch Greenstar HE problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I've had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar R29 HE condensing boiler for just over 7 years.

The temperature display regularly reads over 90 and I was wondering what causes this and if it should be something to worry about.

Also every so often there is a small leak coming from the front panel.

We had a plumber round to check it over and he replaced the flue duct assembly because the internal seals were shot but its leaked again since.

I'm no expert so apologise if my terminology is not quite correct but I would appreciate some opinions before I call the plumber again.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
could it be a failed hot water flow switch - so the boiler thinks that there is a constant demand for hot water even when the hot taps are closed?

yes but question was about the 90 degrees
so do bottom of the rads get warm in the middle

if the hot water flow switch is stuck in the on position, the boiler will indeed get up to 90 degrees as the thing keeps firing and is then unable to dissipate the heat.

rads getting warm with the heating off sounds like leakage through the diverter valve. if the flow switch is stuck in the on position then this would explain why the rads are getting warm with the heating set to off.

advice to OP is to get someone in to check the hot water flow switch if they are not confident enough to do it themselves.

It could be a busted thermistor - and with the hot water in 'comfort' mode then it may explain why the rads are getting hot and the temp is so high. I have had to replace thermistors on these before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back