Worcester Heatslave Lockout Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To cut a long story short, a couple of weeks back I ran out of oil and I had problems getting it to bleed up. Thanks to the forum I got it going again. Two days later, 'Lockout' light on. Went through the bleeding process again, then noticed the level in the aerator thing was very low. I ended up manually filling the aerator(using an old fuel pump off a car), fired straight up. Same again two days later :evil: I'm noticing that when the system is running there are a lot of tiny bubbles rising in the aerator. Could the aerator be not functioning correctly?? The only other thing I can think is that it's drawing air in through one of the pipe unions, would some new olives do the trick??
Thanks in anticipation :)

Sponsored Links
Yes is the short answer, the other reasons could be filter blocked or restricted, low oil in tank (although we know this is unlikely now!) or maybe even a failed de-aerator. The bleed screw on the filter should have a seal of some sort which may be allowing air to be drawn in instead or of course there could be a leak or a seep somewhere. Even a faulty seal on the filter bowl itself. Plenty to check.

Sponsored Links
Do you have an oil filter that needs bleeding? ( eg Crosland or tankmaster) If you have not bled this, then the tiger loop will have trouble sucking up oil. Also a blocked filter will give same symptoms. If you had no air leaks before, then there is no reason why olives should now need replacing unless you have disturbed the joints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back