flashing help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've just changed my old felted low pitch lean to garage roof with a 15deg in marley mendips.

Just got to get some more tiles to do all the cuts around the velux windows, and others where I under ordered. Managed to get all the tiles I had up before the rain, but due to no flashing on the top and wind blown rain, I had a few leaks.

What width flashing do I need to complete the termination on the top?
Also I have a soil pipe going through the roof, should I just flash around this?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Personally for the SVP I would use a lead slate rather than the Ali/rubbeer one
Lead slates are easier to fit and will bress nicely to the mendip profile. (and stay there)
Now often these SVPs are tightish to the wall so will be tricky to weather.
if this is the case let us know on here and I or others will give you a couple of tricks.
The size of the top flashing depends on where you finished your top course of tiles and also the type of finish on the main building..certainly you will need a minimum of 300mm c4 as alastair said.

Never noticed the link was for ally slate, agree much better with lead.
more so with profiled tiles.

I think you will find that the min. pitch for Mendips is 22 and a half degrees. That is the smooth type.You would get away with moderns at a min. pitch of 17and a half degree roof with a 100mm headlap .I think once you get to 15 degrees and below you are talking of flat roof material..

I think you will find that the min. pitch for Mendips is 22 and a half degrees. That is the smooth type.You would get away with moderns at a min. pitch of 17and a half degree roof with a 100mm headlap .I think once you get to 15 degrees and below you are talking of flat roof material..

http://www.marleyeternit.co.uk/Roofing/Concrete-Tiles/Mendip-Interlocking-Tile.aspx

Says 15deg on their website, confirmed by the local roofing supplies where I purchased the tiles. They had some Redlands that went to 12.5

Regarding the soil pipe, no chance of getting a collar around there, as there is a branch above, no allowing me to slip it over

I was thinking of cutting a piece to go around the sides and bottom then overlay from the top, but nearly impossible to cut into
The wall behind the soil pipe. External covering is pebbledash render

I stand corrected mucka, I have an old Marley technical manual that I used to use for info years ago and when I read that you were putting mendips on 15 degrees I checked in my manual and they said 22 and a half degrees. It just shows you how things have progressed over the last 20 years ;) Sorry about that mate :oops:

I stand corrected mucka, I have an old Marley technical manual that I used to use for info years ago and when I read that you were putting mendips on 15 degrees I checked in my manual and they said 22 and a half degrees. It just shows you how things have progressed over the last 20 years ;) Sorry about that mate :oops:

no worries at all

its good the fact other members check as well, could save possible problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back