Gable end roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please bear with me if this topic has been up before but my problem is that I bought an older property which is suffering from damp (wallpaper coming off wall), from mid wall to ceiling. I looked outside and I see that the roof tiles do not extend outside of the gable end wall but in fact stop an inch & half before the end of the wall. I assume that this may be the reason for the damp issue. I was thinking of undercloaking the tiles to extend 38/50mm and use sharp sand cement as in fill, would this be suitable? I was also considering using a plastic verge end but I dont think it will give me the necessary overhang to stop water running down the wall. Any advice would be apprechiated.

Thanks Karoo

Sponsored Links
Extending the tiles is the best option & cap the ends with a dry verge system eliminating the need to cement, plus easier installation. If your tiles are compatible. Can you upload a photo?

Just a guess but it may well be that the wall has been rendered at some point, where the tiles originally finished flush with the wall.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

I have sighted along the wall and it looks OK along with the roof, it looks like the job was done like that. The wall is rendered but even without the render the tiles sre still short of the gable end wall. Tiles are concrete and look quit old(ish).

Karoo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back