Gutter Cleaning Attachment for Wet-n-Dry vac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The gutters on my house are constantly being blocked by moss and seeds from nearby tall sycamore trees. I am getting past the point of getting up a ladder to clear them out and am looking for something I can use from ground level. A pressure washer lance would probably work but splashes would mark the white rendering of the house. Are there extension hoses and nozzles that could be attached to a wet-n-dry vacuum cleaner and, if so, how effective are they?

Sponsored Links
A friend of mine spent thousands on a product very similar to this http://www.omni-guttervac.com/comprehensive_system.html and then realised it didn't work so well at picking up the tile grit and other fine bits that always stick to the base of the gutter. Last time I saw him he was climbing up a ladder with a bucket. I think he mentioned "waste of money" or something to that effect.

Not sure about attachments for domestic appliances, might pull up the loose stuff that usually blows away with the wind but would most likely struggle with the sticky stuff.

Agree that a pressure washer would be a bad idea, very very messy and likely to spray under the first tile and into roof IMO.

I have seen various contraptions, sccops and other weird things advertised over the years but none that impressed me much.

I have just purchased a 4 metre sample of this gutter guard http://guttaflow.co.uk/ I plan to test it on my house this autumn and see if it works. I suspect that pine needles and small fine debris like seeds and moss will still get into the gutter and I will have to remove the entire guard just to then clear it out.

let me know if you find a device attachment that works - I am forever cleaning gutters above conservatories and its a pain in the a***

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back