Insulating conservatory roofs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As someone who is an experienced joiner/plasterer/decorator for the past 30 years, I reckon I should jump on the conservatory roof bandwagon.

But what's the best system?

I reckon roof revive use TRI ISO Super 10. It's a ton per roll but has 10 metres.

On a 10 square metre roof, I reckon that using that, battening it out and foil backed plasterboard would cost around £200 - £230 in materials plus labour.

A couple of days work - day 1 Insulate and batten: Day 2 board, tape and skim.

So £600 in labour.

So I see it as a definite earner.

But is there a better way? Deeper battens and Kingspan?

Insulated PB?

I guess if you used the TRI ISO you could hold it up with double sided tape until you batten.

How would you guys do it?

Sponsored Links
TRI ISO - but don`t use screws through it - they bind up in the layers :idea: So you`ll have to get a staple tacker out of the profit ;) . Would that be £600 labour and £2400 profit :LOL:

The problem is that the insulation goes up first - then the batons. That means you can't use a stapler.

Sponsored Links
But you still have to screw through the TRI ISO. :confused:

Good point Joe but it maybe ok if you push hard on the baton when screwing them up.

It might be due to the screws being twinthread or suchlike :confused: . I`ll get hold of an offcut and have a look @ it with different screws

TRI-ISO needs a timber counter batten screwed through it to give an airgap between it and the plasterboard

But does it all screw up like Nige was saying?

BTW Woody. Do you have to make any provision for ventilation?

There is potential for condensation on the cold roof sheets if there is an air gap below the sheets.

Roof revive indicate some sort of ventilation but its not clear how they achieve it. Then mention venting at the eaves, but I can't see any mention of top venting at the ridge

Maybe they simply drill a row of holes. Anyway, I'd have thought that if you can stop the warm, moist air reaching the cold polycarb, then condensation wouldn't be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back