Is this a fair price for box profile sheeting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Given our remote location, I was put on to a local manufacturer of sheet metal roofing/cladding, and got this quote for polyester coated "goosewing grey" sheeting delivered, the whole shebang to fit it included.

Any comments as to the price? They did send us a small square sample very pronto and it looks good quality. Company is 70 miles away, so delivery(included in the price) has to be factored into it... :confused:

Here's the spec...

Permaroof Box Profile Metal Sheeting: Goosewing Grey NOVA Polyester, 0.5mm, 30mm - 1m cover profile sheets:

PRICE FOR STANDARD SHEETING
12 Sheets at 2.1m long
2 Ridge Flashings at 3m long
4 Barge Flashings at 3m long
(*please indicate size and angle of flashings required on form provide)
12 Pairs of Profiled Fillers
200 of 32mm Timber Fixings
140 Stitching Screws
340 Colour Caps
THE PRICE WOULD BE £498.00
PLUS VAT £ 99.60 @ 20%
TOTAL INC. VAT £597.60

Any comments appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
I have no idea but my supplier gets me Permaroof stuff. Might be worth getting one more quote. 0121 311 2666 ask for Matt

I got almost the exact same quantity of sheeting from cladco in glasgow for about the same cost

Sponsored Links
Ta for the replies, looks like a good price then. Everything is dearer in the Highlands anyway and as a manufacturer there's no point buying from another unnecessary "middleman"...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back