Leaking flat roof but where?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Came home from a weekend away and noticed my ceiling was drooping down in the spare bedroom which has a flat dormer style roof.

(It has been cracked for a while, approx 2 month, which I patched up as it didn't show any signs of damp or water).

I pressed on the ceiling and it was soggy so I pulled it down around all the damp/shot plasterboard and was left with a nice big hole (see pics).

The insulation above was damp in an area of around 1 foot circle and at one point was dripping wet. I have looked at the area and surrounding area and can't for the life of me find out where the water is entering. The woodwork, to my untrained eye, looks fine and shows no sign of damp. It has rained since and the area has remained dry as a bone?????

Any ideas where the water is entering? I have had some roofers out, one of which I dont think even came round and just gave me a quote for the whole roof and another who i think might be a bit dodgey. Just want as much info as possible before I shell out £600+

I have ordered some longer ladders so I can get up on the dormer for a closer look, nearly broke my neck doing it with the incorrect kit, so will provide pics of the actual roof when I get up there.

Sponsored Links
The time to find leaks is when they are leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back