self adhesive flashing...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I fitted some of this (it was from B&Q) about 2 years back, I cant remember the brand, but it was a decent one, it was white on the inside (butyl?)

It is from a brick wall to twin wall polycarbonate roof, anyway its come unstuck!!!

I fitted it to the wall and it seemed to stick well, and then I ran a bead of sealer overlapping the top and the wall...

I did not prime the wall? do you have to with the self adhesive stuff? if so what with please.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
You do need to prime walls - should be a tin on sale near the flashing @ the diy shed - unfortunately it`s usually black, thin , and gets everywhere - but it does make the flashing stick ;)

Thanks guys, I was thinking of some sort of unibond, pva or something for the brick, but ill go get the proper stuff.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Ok I went down the shed B&Q, the only primer they had was for the bitchumen type, they had no primer for the Butyl Flashing.

Looked in Trade Point, they just listed Butyl Flashing
150mm wide x 5m, no primer.

I drove up the road to Wickes, nothing in there as well.

Any links for the butyl primer please?

Thank you

Just get some bitumen primer, it doesnt matter what brand, it all does the same thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back