Latex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting down an electric floor mat in a small office.
To make tiling easier i am going to put a thin layer of latex over the mat to cover the cables.
Question: I have some Nicobond adhesive ( for anhydrite screeds). Will this be ok to use over latex and is latex ok to use over heating matts?

Sponsored Links
No "takers" then so I’ll have a go then :LOL:
I am putting down an electric floor mat in a small office
I assume you’ve had it instsalled, connected & tested by a suitably qualified & registered spark who's going to give you a certificate of compliance?

To make tiling easier i am going to put a thin layer of latex over the mat to cover the cables ----- is latex ok to use over heating matts
Laying a SLC (Self Leveling Screed) over the heated matt after it’s been fully tested is good practice & will also help if you ever have to dig it up for repair but you need to check the SLC is suitable for use over UFH.

Question: I have some Nicobond adhesive ( for anhydrite screeds). Will this be ok to use over latex
Never used Nicobond so unsure of quality/suitability but exactly which adhesive have you chosen & why did you pick that particular one? I assume you actually have an anhydrite screed floor which is gypsum based? If the addy is suitable for anhydrite screeds without a primer it won’t be cement based which initially makes me a little apprehensive!

What type of tiles did you intend laying over the UFH?

Sponsored Links
All off the above

Nicobond is a very good mfr..

What is the substrate?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back