Repair of pointing joints between coping stones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Along a long run of coping stones the pointing/joints are shrinking away and a little bit crumbly. I intend to have the coping stones replaced next year but meanwhile there is a slight leak into the room below this terrace wall.

How can I make an effective temporary repair to these joints please?

The coping stones are sound and very solidy in place. I'd like to just fill the gaps for now.

Should I use a cement mix, gripfill, caulking, glue, chewy,... ?

Any advice to get me by and dry until March/April would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
parapet walls!! :evil:

pointing with compo (mortar or sand/cement) is the best option unless the joints are unfeasibly narrow.

well that's the first time an emoticon made me jump - I was really quite scared :eek:

thanks for telling me the name of the offending part of the wall - this is progress for me

the joints are quite thin all along the gaps between the big coping stones.

If sand and cement is too thick - what else could I squeeze along those cracks please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back