Short term concrete base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Hope you can help with this one.

I'm going to be doing a car project, but the garage is way too small (can't even get the car in when it's empty!), so I'm looking to lay something down in the front garden and pitch a 3m x 6m marqee type assembly over it to do the work in when the weather is poor.

The thing is that I need a base that achieve the following:

- Last for about 6 months, after which it will be dug up and the garden landscaped
- Hold a large car (including on axle stands for a couple of hours at a time)
- Be relatively cost effective for the time it will be down.

Appearance is of no concern, it just needs to be functional for 6 months.

Options I considered were concrete or thick slabs, but I'm open to suggestions or advice on how to assess the ground before laying anything down.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
the thick 3' x 2' slabs, solid bedded will take a lot of stick and are relatively inexpensive.

i would not want the axle stands on the edge of the slab though. spreading the weight using broad battens (as in scaffolders base plate battens) wouldn't be difficult though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back