Bricked up fireplace - vent question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm about to brick up my fire place opening, i release u need a vent to prevent damp in the chimney. Do i have to put the vent in the front? i would prefer to have it in the side not directly visable, obviously this is alot more work but i'm not to bothered about that. Also does the vent need to be a particular size?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
venting from the front is the more accessible route though you could vent from the side provided you don't effect the structure of the fire breast.

i would use a 9" x 6" hit 'n' miss louvred vent for the frontage.

make sure you remove enough brickwork as to provide airflow.

you could even drill out a core hole from the side and insert a 110mm drain pipe to duct the air. i have no idea though how wide the sides to your chimney breast are?

venting from the front is the more accessible route though you could vent from the side provided you don't effect the structure of the fire breast.

i would use a 9" x 6" hit 'n' miss louvred vent for the frontage.

make sure you remove enough brickwork as to provide airflow.

you could even drill out a core hole from the side and insert a 110mm drain pipe to duct the air. i have no idea though how wide the sides to your chimney breast are?

I was thinking of doing a core hole if possible, the sides are is 17" though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back