Shared Roof question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced the roof at the rear of our house, its a sort of extension of the kitchen with a pitched, tiled roof on it.

View media item 6000
Between our two roofs we have another section of tiles, different type of tiles to the actual roof tiles we have that has been bodged with cement at both ends where they two types join.

My problem is I want to replace this part of the roof also as a matter of course, I am to replace the tiles with the correct type, replace the wood, felt etc and replace the lead flashing over both properties as it, is not correct. The job wont cost them a penny, unless he wishes to contribute.

However if he does not want me to do his half, where do I stand. How would I make the joint between both properties? [/img]

Sponsored Links
My mate mentioned a secret gutter, I hope he just agrees to let me do the full lot, would make a nicer job, but thats his call.

Also quite impressed that this is my first roof replacement and I appear to have not made any mistakes, even my lead work is to the book, without looking at a book, lol. Dont think I would want to try something bigger than that on my own though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back