Flat roof detail for a timber clad building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for a flat roof system for a timber clad building, at the moment GRP is the most appealing. Can anyone recommend a supplier of the necessary roofing materials, paretically the aluminium trims and flashings needed to give a neat finish against the cladding timber.

Sponsored Links
The materials will be either standard as used for typical flat roofs, or proprietary if the roof is of a particular design. So this will determine the supplier

I don't know what the design is like, but wide soffits are preferable for timber clad buildings as it offers greater weathering protection to the cladding

You can also use standard uPVC fascias/sofits

I want to get a clean contemporary look, so no soffits or facia boards I am afraid.
My plan is to finish the cladding level with the raised edges of the flat roof, then finishing off with an aluminium trim / flashing.

Sponsored Links
In which case the detailing will be important.

Depending on the dimensions, then there may be a bit of a parapet where the wall rises above the sloping roof behind.

So to avoid splitting of the roof cover or cladding at this location, the connection and joints need some thought. But lead or a one piece zinc tray may be required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back