Cracking in walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , this is my first post here so ill try make it a good one :LOL:

I moved onto my house 18 months ago , its a 1950's built house, i have been decorating and getting the place into some sort of decent state, BUT i have found the following up stairs.

The house is at the end of a terrace of 5

The following pictures are of cracks i have found running from the upper corner of the windows, the roof was completly repaired 3 years before i moved in so im hoping these are a result of the dogy roof from before it was repaired.

I have tried my best to describewhat is in the pictures

Image134-1.jpg

This picture is of the crack up close, i have dug the filler out to show it clearer, the black line shows (not very well i know)have the top part of the wall is miss aligned with the bottom, not by a lot but its noticable, it looks as if its slipped outwards.

Image135.jpg

This picture is of the crack from away a bit, notice i have the sloping ceilings (just thought id mention it , not sure if its relevant)

Image137.jpg

this photo is off the only other window on the gable end of the house, it is on the oppersite side of the house in a differnet room (with horrendous decor :D )

Image136-1.jpg

This one is in the same as the last picture but its next to the adjoining wall with my neighour, as you can just about see with the aid of my art work lines is that this is pretty similar under the paper as the first picture, with the exact same mis alignment as before

Now if you are still with me then what do you think it is, what is casing it etc etc

Its not cracked on the outside and there is no signs of movement anywhere else in the house.

any comments or advice welcome

Thanks you

Sponsored Links
Looks like a tad of roof spread to me. Bit confusing with the pix on their side!

Sponsored Links
Definitely roof spread.

One o' dem tings with raised chord roofs of this type and age, not a major problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back