cats and their do doos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cats are natural preditors and keep the rodent population at bay would you prefer to be overun with rodents or put up with a bit of cat poo? if you dont want cats to use your garden as thier loo get some 2ltr empty pop bottles and three quaters fill them with water, scatter them where the moggy's do it and they will go somewhere else to do it as they dont like the reflection from the water in the bottles, game set and match :!: :D ps. dont forget to take the labels off the bottles first

Sponsored Links
thats an old wives tale, so is, spikey sticks (rose bush twigs) pepper, lion dumps (from zoo) moth balls, and a whole load more.

its simialr to the magnet to remove limescale in pipes. some say it works some say it doesnt

There are only two sure-fire ways to rid yourself of mogs & their droppings:

1. air rifle
2. a large dog

I have option 2 and it does work 100% ... trouble is the turd piles are bigger.

Sponsored Links
There are only two sure-fire ways to rid yourself of mogs & their droppings:

1. air rifle
2. a large dog

I have option 2 and it does work 100% ... trouble is the turd piles are bigger.

same here,trouble is when they used to see my dog it made the cats 5hite themselves even more lol.have tried the bottles waste of time imo,even those things you plug in are useless aswell.

keep your hose handy and when you see a cat in your garden spray the bl00dy thing there soon remember :LOL:

The best way to get rid of Cat 5hite

Get a large flower tub filled with compost but no plants The cat will use it most days.

Get a Pitbull, they seem to like rooting around in flower tubs leaving no trace of the 5hite.

Well it works here ;)

Simply get your own cat.

It wont dump in it's own garden but will go & dump elsewhere andfight any other cats that want to dump in its grounds :D

We were told that. Went to the cats protection league and got the biggest nastiest looking cat we could find. He thought he'd died and gone to heaven. Not only did he carp in his garden he invited all his mates in for a poo. As for fighting he had an unusual tactic. When another cat approached him and started to try and stare him out he would just fall asleep. Confused the hell out of the other cats.

Lovely cat but no use at keeping the garden poo clear.

Fireworks... :LOL:

Failing that, coal tar soap shavings...

cats are natural preditors and keep the rodent population at bay would you prefer to be overun with rodents or put up with a bit of cat poo?
I simply don't think this is true.

We're not talking about feral "mouser" cats on farms who don't get much other food. These cats are overfed with cat food.
Plus cat interbreeding for asthetic reasons is interfering with this.

While a cat will take young/ill rats, I doubt whether they'd have much success with a full grown rat. I've seen rats as big as cats.

Cats kill the birds/mammals that we actually want in the garden.
Having cats around discourages birds which means they're not in your garden to eat pests.

I think its much more to do with not leaving food around and providing good physical barriers to stop rats getting in.
I know people who've had both; a load of mess from neighbours cats and mice/rats.

The organic/green method of control (rather than poison) is traps not cats.
Running a cat is extremely costly in terms of the environment.

The neighbours aren't providing a service with their cats, its antisocial behaviour far worse than a few kids with nothing to do.

The methods mentioned haven't worked for me.
We found as soon as you miss one log it starts a snowball effect attracting more and more pooing.
We've had moderate success with electronic scarers and rechargeable batteries but this is only a temporary solution.

i wondered how long it would take for someone to rattle your cage. My cats caught two fully grown rats last year.

My cats caught two fully grown rats last year.

only 2, so what about the rest of the rat family? cant be just 1

I have to agree with JamesA. why would a cat bother with a rat if it gets fed everyday? If you give a cat a ball of wool it will play with that for a while

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back