damp, cannt find where is my damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in 1930 house and i removed the plaster on the inside wall because it had started to came away. i replastered it then 2 months back i lifted the laminated flooring and all semmed fine. about 3 weeks ago i noticed damp running along where the floor meets the wall and now my plaster is mouldy and the damp patch has now got even biggeron the floor and is starting to go up the wall. the guttering is good and the outside render seems fine.

i have paving slabs outside around the house so i lifted them but there seems to be a concrete kind of apron around the house which sticks out at ground level+- 300mm and is +-80mm thick. i dont know where or how to see where the damp course is to see if this is above it or not.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
dpc is usually at internal floor level.

Unless the floor is made of ...... ?

When it will be normally one course lower
;)

(clue: how many times have you forgot about this when building the extension engineers up to DPC level, and then afterwards opening the back door) :eek: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back