Moss keeps coming back ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced patches of grass with new turf but still the moss reappears
Should i dig up the grass and dig down about 6" and add something to help drainage and put new soil and new turfs back in .Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tried moss killer which was no good hence had to dig up grass and replace with turf

Sponsored Links
I get asked this by clients about a dozen times a day!
Consider moss in lawns as a symptom not a condition, ie resolve the cause and the symptoms will disappear.
Moss infestation can be caused by numerous conditions, excessive shade,poor drainage, grass being left too long,cutting too short, continual damp,drip from overhanging trees and shrubs,infertile soil...the list goes on. Replacing the turf or using a moss killer without resolving the primary cause will only be a quick fix for at best one season and the problem will return a year later. Try to establish the cause and I can advise you more.

Get some hens on it - it will soon disappear with all their scratchin about, but,so does your grass :(
And av only got three :eek:
Nice free (proper) range eggs tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back