Bi folding doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Did any of you buy sliding doors, we are in the exact same position.

Been to the homebuilding show and saw everyone, prices ranged from £4K to £10K and you could see some were better quality than others.

Our doors are planned to be 4950mm wide by 2100 high so a big space to fill. With the great British summers we have I don't expect to be opening them daily but don't want hassle when I do open them.

I liked Folding Sliding Doors but the story told here by Clane has changed my mind??

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
apologies if this breaks some law about dredging up old threads...

Hi Mike ... any update on this? Your link to Clare's story is now dead. We're in same position as you were - 4m wide opening.

N

hi fathertobe

im i the same position, i was lookingn at foldingslidingdoors.com but have heard some dodgy stories about them.

Ive seen a thread saying sunseerkerdoors.com are pretty good, ive got a quote from them for 2300 x3600 for around £4k & i think thats with fitting.

They say aluminium is the best.

What companies did you see at the home building show?

Sponsored Links
Got my doors from sunseekers. Best in Graphite Grey as white stands out too much when you view from inside. You tend to look pass dark frames. Make sure sunseekers give you argon filled glass. Aluminium is def the best. Have friends who bought plastic which warped and oak the swelled.
You could probably all get a good deal now as competing for customers.
Always get what you pay for but I am pleased with mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back