Radiators cold at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, I know this has been kinda covered before but I would appreciate clarification, my system is now 12 years old I have had a new Combi boiler fitted about two years ago, but the system was not power flushed when installed.
This weekend I will be looking at several radiators that are getting hot at the top but remain cold at the bottom, would I be correct in assuming this problem will be caused by sludge ?
as I only run about 50% of my radiators can I forget about the balancing issue ? or should I keep that in mind?
Yours a total radiator flushing novice
Kevin :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
ojnet said:
This weekend I will be looking at several radiators that are getting hot at the top but remain cold at the bottom, would I be correct in assuming this problem will be caused by sludge ?

yeh. powerflush, ££££ :eek:

Sponsored Links
Any luck with this problem? I have same but my system is only 2 1/2 yrs old so this can not be sludge. I got a plumber in and he said this was normal which I know is crap because they were fine just before Xmas. I figure there may not be enough water in the network but don't know how to fix this?

ojnet said:
ok, I know this has been kinda covered before but I would appreciate clarification, my system is now 12 years old I have had a new Combi boiler fitted about two years ago, but the system was not power flushed when installed.
as I only run about 50% of my radiators can I forget about the balancing issue ? or should I keep that in mind?

KWB said:
Any luck with this problem? I have same but my system is only 2 1/2 yrs old so this can not be sludge. I got a plumber in and he said this was normal which I know is rubbish because they were fine just before Xmas. I figure there may not be enough water in the network but don't know how to fix this?

ojnet said:

check the pressure gauge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back