Sandy coloured cement

ABN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many moons ago I had the front drive crazy paved. The grouting between the stones ended up a nice sandy yellow colour with white specks in it. I asked the builder at the time how he achieved that nice colour rather than the “normal” rather monotonous grey cement colour. He assured me that it was a normal 4:1 mix and the colour just came from the sand he used. Unfortunately I left it at that and didn’t ask what sand it was.

It’s now in need of repointing in places and will need to try to match it.

Anyone any idea what sand it was that he would have used?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Build centre more likely ab , having said that the red sand from b q dries nice using either castle or rugby cement

The colour of the sand will determine the set colour.

Playpit sand is generally yellow, otherwise the availability of yellow sand will vary from region to region. Also over time, as pits change and supply alters, so will the type of sand available. So the chances of matching a sand used years ago are slim.

Otherwise use a dye

Yeah try Build Center - their sand is own brand so it's abit cheaper too and you can have it delivered save you trying to get it in your car!! Not sure where your based - my local is Wolverhampton, find your local on their website: www.buildcenter.co.uk

Hope this helps and hope it matches up!!! Ali

Sponsored Links
Sand colour depends on source.

North East and Derby the standard colour is yellow.

Now just north of Birmingham and the standard colour is an red.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back