lamens question, small ramp construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All i want to do is to consruct a small concrete ramp that will allow me to move my restoration project car from my drive into my garage. There is only a 40mm step into the garage, but its enough to stop the castors on the trolley that the car is sat on. so considering im a complete noob to concreting, what is the best way of achieving a neat looking finish. Is it just a case of pour enough concrete down to SCULPT a ramp and hand finish with a float etc, or maybe even construct a wooden rectangle shuttering type of thing. Any advice on any aspect of this small project would be very welcome, even down to the basic materials for the concrete that ill need??? :oops:

Sponsored Links
i want to consruct a small concrete ramp to move my restoration project car from my drive into my garage. There is only a 40mm step

Make a ramp from plywood, it will be less hassle than concrete and be portable.

The problem with concrete is the thickness, particularly where the ramp tapers down. In order to achieve a ramp that lasts you would need to dig out a fair thickness to build something that will last.

Are you ashamed of the car ;) Would be interested to know what it is. I restored a couple of BMC 1100`s how sad is that :LOL:

Sponsored Links
its a 1988 xr3i, so not a true classic car as yet, but by the time i get it finished, it may well be a museum peice :LOL:
jig1small.jpg

Plywood does sound a better idea, thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back