Dry spots on Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a new insulated roof on my garage and dining room extension. When it is drying after a rain shower or in the morning it always has some dry spot about 3 inches in diameter which appear first.

I assume that this is where insulation has been nailed in place. Can someone please advise me if this is normal for an insulated flat roof or if my roofer has done something wrong?
Thanks,
Slangivar

Sponsored Links
I assume that the `spots' are fairly evenly spaced across the roof.

The insulation may be fixed with a tube washer or pressure plate thus causing a `very' slightly raised area, being higher than the surrounding field area, albeit by a small amount, this area will show as dry a little earlier than the rest, if it's a pressure plate rather than a tube washer it will also dry slightly quicker as the surface will heat a little quicker.

It is perfectly normal to fix the insulation that way rather then bonding it to the VCL so unless the flat roof fails I can't see that you should have any issue

Thanks, Would the spots be visibly higher than the surrounding area if that was the case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back