best roofing for lean to to avoid condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

could anybody recommend a roofing material for a large lean to. was thinking of using some kind of corrugated metal, but was wondering whether there are better options for reducing condensation?

thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
You could try epdm flat roofing membrane. Sizes are manufactured to fit most flat roof applications in a single sheet. It is just bonded to the substrate with special adhesive

Have a look at: www.flat-roof-repair.co.uk

is this an unheated outbuilding, or is it a habitable room?

If habitable, you will want to insulate the roof and put in a moisture barrier to keep the warm moist air away from the cold roof.

Is there a ceiling?

If it is an unheated outbuilding, justr ventilate it well so the outside is about the same temp as the inside. A floor with no DPM will bring moisture into the building which will cause condensation.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses guys.

is this an unheated outbuilding, or is it a habitable room?

weeeelll. it started off as a simple rebuild of an existing (50 year old) leanto with an earth floor which has all but collapsed, but as is the way it has turned into something a little more complex...

It is now:
- 10mx4.5m pole-barn type leanto, against a 7m wall, so 3 metres sticking out.
- the 3m sticky out bit is to be a sun room, with french doors opposite each other on 10m sides, and mostly glazed along the 4.5m end.
- the 7m part i was going to leave with earth floor.

i suppose for sunroom i'll need to do a DPM under floor, insulate roof, some kind of moisture barrier, then ceiling.

was going to stud between the two parts, but i suppose i'll have problems, with condensation running down on the uninsulated side.

I will have to think this through a little more...

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back