How much hassle do plasterers get from customers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming that you do a good job and are tidy etc, how much trouble do people get when doing plastering jobs privately?

I mean things like, the customer being too picky "ie complaining about even the smallest imperfection that you need a magnifying glass for), being unhappy about the mess you've made(even when you've been very tidy), not paying etc.

Or is it a rare thing?.... are most customers reasonable?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, just stumbled on your post while looking around. I'm a home owner and a DIYer and I even mix and serve up for my plasterer to save money. He gets sniffy and flicks the bits away with his float if I haven't mixed properly.

Plastering does make a mess but the only reason we might have to complain is if he sings out of tune.

yeah you can,make a small hole 1 end and blow contents into a bowl :LOL: :LOL:
i suppose its like any trade,if your clean and tidy to the best you possible can be,polite and do a good job then there should be no problems.
unless you get a customer from hell where theres no pleasing them at all.

Sponsored Links
Its not the mess you make as you are working, its the fact that some of you are not that careful about cleaning afterwards! eg splashes of stuff on doors, furniture etc. Oh, and why the loud radio? are you all deaf?! :)

We have no radio, no smokers, make our own tea and only ever do one job at a time. We always lay m.o.t. around the site (perimeter) as soon as it is practical to do so.

As said, all building work creates mess, it's how you clean up afterward.

Customers that are not prepared to tolerate any mess at any time during the works are not worth working for.

yeah but how many brickbats, bits of insulation and wall ties do you loose in the garden???????? :evil:

Back