Trent Valley Fascias / Let's Fascia it????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of using one of the above companies to change my concrete guttering to plastic, as the concrete gutters on my 1950s house are starting to leak (I have tried the cheaper alternative of lining them). As it is quite a lot of money and I know nothing about either of these companies, I wondered if anyone had any experience of them? Ie would you recommend either / both or not?

Thanks,
tara

Sponsored Links
If it is the same company as Trent Valley Windows then they have a good reputation. I have seen a couple of jobs from 'Let's Fascia It - and they looked good too. They are probably both good.

Ask them to give you some addresses of local jobs near you so you can do a drive by.

be cheeky and knock on one of the doors ask the customer what they thought of the job/company.

Joe and MW,

Thank you both for your replies - much appreciated. Trent valley fascias is not the same business as the windows /cons company of the same name, but I will check out some previous customers I think - such a lot of money to spend, and they apparently have to do some drastic work to remove old concrete guttering so don't want a cock-up.

Tara

Sponsored Links
You can line them with fibreglass rather than replace them. If done well will last for decades. Even a good roof waterproofing compound will last for ages and cost very little.

To a certain degree you can repair concrete gutters with rudimentary products such as tinned mastics, compounds etc. Success will depend upon exposure to the elements.

An area that is subject to much sun, rain, frost etc, will have no chance of surviving with just waterproofing compound. it won't last ten minutes.

You have to take a common sense approach and find an affordable but durable solution to all scenarios. Lead, mineral felt (professionally applied), fibreglass etc are all candidates.

One major issue with concrete gutters is they are normall much more structural and larger in depth, width and height etc.
Repolacement with plastic is a major job and not the normal run of the mill replacement. I wud seriously ask them to show you this app,lication they have already done. Seriously....

laFarge liquid rubber is the simple answer and WILL and HAS worked for 15 years on one application we did.... my house. So good I became an agent for it, (no advet intended, now retired).

I'm sure they are good companies but i'd never name it 'Lets facia it' as it sounds too one man bandey, lol

(Is bandey even a word?) :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back