digital shower (pumped)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can anybody share any information about digital pumped showers, i have been asked to fit one for a client , i have fitted a few digital showers ,but not one with a built in pump, for gravity.
anyhow the client phoned me yesterday and said he has heard the pressure is not as good as a booster pump and they are very noisy ,does anybody know this to be true. cheers.

Sponsored Links
depends what type of pump your talking about.
a 3 bar pump then no it won't be as powerful.
a 1.5 bar pump then yes.

i prefer them over seperate pump in the airing cupboard.
less noise.
less pipework.
less to go wrong.
more flexible in installing.

what make/model is it your looking at ?

thanks for your reply , i believe he was getting an aqualisa digital with built in pump, the digitals i have fitted i have found them ok and fairly straightforward to install , but never fitted a pumped version, so its a thumbs down from you?

thumbs up.
if i can swing a customer for a digital shower i'm happy.

can't fault the aqualisa or grohe etc.

Funny20Animation20311.gif

Sponsored Links
so u dont know them to have poor flow rates or noisy operation as opposed to seperate booster pump and standard mixer shower

I'm about to fit an Aqualisa digital pumped shower. It is my intention to use flexible inlet and outlet pipes and, if practical, to mount the complete assembly on some sort of rubber pads on a board in the loft directly above the shower. Hopefully I will not hear the pump due to the flow of the water from the shower head.

flow rate is about 18 l/min with no head on at 0.1 bar.
as for noise i don't think they are as bad as a seperate pump
and i normally stick them in the loft. so sound is deaded more.

i've never had a customer complain useally over the moon with the performance.

i can't fault them performance, install, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back