Push button flush toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully this is a really simple question although I fell embarrassed to ask!! :oops:

I have a push button toilet (1 button for short flush and 1 for long), but sorry I don't know the make.

I've been trying to work out how to remove the cistern lid but it just doesn't lift off like a usual cistern lid. I've tried pushing both buttons, but no success.

How do I get the lid off please!!!!

Paul

Sponsored Links
I have exactly this same problem. Mine is an ideal standard 2 button cistern and I can't get in either. Tried pushing both buttons but can't see any catches. Don't need to get in now, you understand but would like to know in case I do one day!

On some there is an outer ring around the flush button, unscrew this & you can then take the lid off.

Sponsored Links
The one I fitted last week had a large Phillips screw under the pushbuttons. By pushing one button down I was able to grip the other one and pull it up and off. The other button was then lifted off. Undid the exposed screw and Robert's your......

Ours is a Roca - same as above - push down one button and pull up the other - large plastic Phillips screw

:LOL:

Everyone

Thanks very much for the advice. I pulled out the two buttons, undid the screw and lifted off the cover.

isnt this idea of screwing the lid on stupid! they have a new idea now where the push is secondary to the flush mechanism and the lid just comes off as normal...thank god life is hard enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back