Alarms ? wired or wireless

Sponsored Links
For the system i'm on about, can't comment on cheap stuff, don't use it, all angles are covered, micro amp current draw, time periods for awake/sleep/mask etc all within safe spec.

lets hope its at least got rear tamper - unlike another well known make of GRADED radio equipment sold by a very well known manf. when it was released to market

the power is saved because of the following.
when a sensor is active and it senses movement a red led lights behind tne lens to indicate detection and a transmition is made. When in idle no led lignts up and no signal is sent.
because the panel can poll the devices i assume the devices transmit an ,i,m here still, signal periodically
Re the signal being confirmed at the panel before the device xleeps. It takes around 7 or so activations to trigger sleep mode

Am i missing something here?
What actual benefit is provided by the red LED?

Sponsored Links
The red led performs two functions.

One as a visual indicator that the systems is working... (In the same way that users of wired systems notice a pir has gone dead when its stops winking.).. and two the red led flickers to indicate the battery is low.

To Bernard -
Battery life after a low battery condition is indicated is stated as a month.

Like i said, am i missing something?
Still no explanation of why the red led saves power.
"power is saved because..."

Smacks of reading instructions whilst not knowing what goes on under the hood.

Power is saved because when in sleep mode the red leds don't come on therefore saving the power used to illuminate them.

In alarm set state assuming no intruders the sensors are not detecting movement so are not lighting up or transmitting signals so are running at low power.

Power is saved because when in sleep mode the red leds don't come on therefore saving the power used to illuminate them.

In alarm set state assuming no intruders the sensors are not detecting movement so are not lighting up or transmitting signals so are running at low power.

regs? LED`s? any idea?

I am using Yale systems as an example of the way manufacturers solve wireless related problems. Yale as you well know are not Grade 3 so they could have xmas lights on if the domestic consumers so chose.

What is your point?

Well you are not actually helping anybody so I am moved to ask why do you bother on here?

I am using Yale systems as an example of the way manufacturers solve wireless related problems. Yale as you well know are not Grade 3 so they could have xmas lights on if the domestic consumers so chose.

What is your point?

Sorry, but it does seem you are simply quoting, or at best, giving your interpretation of nothing more than a user guide for a single product you clearly seem fond of.

Not good advice, not good at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back