Chemical Cleaning of Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my diverter valve. I've got a Worcester Bosch 35CDi II and I would like to know whether a bucket can be placed under the drain taps for draining the boiler or would I have to buy tubes to fit on the drain taps.

Also I want to chemical clean the system. I'm doing it myself and want to know the best and easiest way to clean the system. I've seen a dosing vessel on the internet and would like to know if its a good way to chemical clean. If so where do I fit this? It says to disconnect the filling loop on the boiler at the cold water supply and connect it to the dosing vessel. Then connect the vessel's hose back to the cold water supply. The valve on the cold water supply (and non return valve if fitted) can now be opened, flushing the rust inhibitor/chemical solution inside the vessel and quickly into the central heating system.

If I do manage to do a chemical clean will the chemicals make there way into the hot water system and come out of the tap or are they completely independent.

I cant find a filling loop on my boiler. I'm looking for a flexible pipe thats disconnects. They all seem to be non flexible pipes. Can someone help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back