vans,whats good,whats not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have always had trannie vans but newer ones.Im looking to employ a couple of lads for appx 1 year for a contract and im going to have to supply them with a van(not a new one though).Now i know that while trannies are great runners if you buy older ones they can rot on the chasis.So im wanting to know what type of used vans are ok to buy? 7 what to steer away from?Im obviously not wanting to buy a brand new van for such a short time or lease one either.Advice greatly appreciated.ps,must be larger van,no escorst/berlingo size. ;)

Sponsored Links
Ive been driving a diesel Vauxhall Vivaro for the last 6 months..... and was previously driving a Transit.....I don't think the Vivaro, is as strongly built as the Transit, and .....perhaps not got the same carrying capacity...... but has been really reliable over the past winter, good mpg, 6 gears, good all round work horse, and takes a bit of "stick"......not sure of the comparable second hand costs, depreciation etc..... but, if it was my choice......I'd go for the Vivaro!! :LOL:

Ive been driving a diesel Vauxhall Vivaro for the last 6 months..... and was previously driving a Transit.....I don't think the Vivaro, is as strongly built as the Transit, and .....perhaps not got the same carrying capacity...... but has been really reliable over the past winter, good mpg, 6 gears, good all round work horse, and takes a bit of "stick"......not sure of the comparable second hand costs, depreciation etc..... but, if it was my choice......I'd go for the Vivaro!! :LOL:
Thanks for relpy,bought an 05 tranny. ;)

Sponsored Links
Spend a wee while pressure washing under the wings of the new van and then go over things with waxoyl underseal, and the difference after a couple of years will be remarkable. Good luck with it!
John :)

Spend a wee while pressure washing under the wings of the new van and then go over things with waxoyl underseal, and the difference after a couple of years will be remarkable. Good luck with it!
John :)
Thanks for the advice john and will defo act upon it.With this van its not as important as ill only have it shrot term,12 months(max) but thanks for the advice as i have my own trannie which i will be keeping for some time. ;)

Back