how do i wire this up???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

can anyone help me wire this up to my fan,as i carnt find anything on the net,been looking for weeks now,

took it to a shop but the guy wasent to sure,so i left,after he started messing about with it lol.on the first pic is how i think it should be wired up,brown 1st and blue 2nd,going to mains plug,then blue and brown going to fan.?

Sponsored Links
Use google to find a drawing for a woods fan controller
Usually it us U and Uz I recall

Sponsored Links
thanks mate ,but still carnt get my head around it.as mine only has
L.N.U2.U1.A.E.
i was thinking L and N to mains plug.and u2 and u1 to fan, u2 neutral and u1 to live.

http://www.eltafans.com/non-select/wiring/lc_sc_range_1_dol.pdf#search="149-EL61"

took me all of 30 seconde to get that..
googled "elta fans" then put the product number in their search box as visible from the picture (149-EL61)..

thanks must of over looked that on there web site,lol,so i think this is right ,
? when running the fan slow the vibraion is so bad also its louder than when run on full power, that carnt be right ,can it lol

when running the fan slow the vibraion is so bad allso it louder than when run on full power, that carnt be right ,can it lol
It's possible - in your case the higher speed is further away from the harmonic frequency.
Make sure your fan is well balanced and firmly secured to damp out the vibration.

when running the fan slow the vibraion is so bad allso it louder than when run on full power, that carnt be right ,can it lol
It's possible - in your case the higher speed is further away from the harmonic frequency.
Make sure your fan is well balanced and firmly secured to damp out the vibration.

yeh the HIGH'max is set at half and the MIN half all so,is there a way to set the max and min..?cheers ps i think the balance on the fan is ok.

You only have one earth wire - where is the earth from the other flex?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back