C word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a navy training school, there were kids from tough backgrounds that swore like troopers, some words I'd never heard before !!! but the one word that you never ever called anyone was "B*****d" and even in extreme circumstances, fights etc., I never heard anyone use it. Cricky even Priministers use it these days. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Well, to call someone a b*****d could be seen as insulting their mother. And many people you can call anything you like, but if you mention their mother...

An Athenian mate of mine reckons that a not-insignificant number of the murders in Greece are the result of someone making remarks about another guy's mum, and a fist-fight turning into something worse.

This Greek friend, he is very easy going, you can say what you like and he will respond in the intended spirit, but he has made it very clear that any comment or joke involving his mother will not be tolerated to any degree.

However, an Italian friend reckons that in Italy it is similar to over here, i.e. to a close friend you might make non-serious allegations about the sexual voracity or prowess of his mother and expect him to make a witty response with reference to your own mother. But to make comments to someone you know less well is generally intended as an insult and not tolerated.

This topic, started during an idle moment. has been very educational. Some phrases mentioned certainly put a new inflextion on C word, but power of the C word will never be out done by any other term. Would you call somebody who was rubbing you the wrong way a c*** or a lady garden? Of course a 'big girls blouse' is a charming term as well.

Richardp, when you say prime ministers use words like B*****d these days I remember seeing John Prescott on TVs naughtiest Blunders.

He was in an interview with Trevor Macdonald (all this I think might have been before Labour came to power) and he was talking about something that was not his job to do but the job of the government. Anyway after quite a discussion and lots of questions one thing he said was something like " This is not my job but the job of the government which I dont want to do, but I'm prepared to do it (Prescott's voice then went slightly low) if no other f****r will!. Then trevor Macdonald was just about able to keep a straight face trying not to smile when he started saying "well that's all we got time for now" etc

I'm not sure if he might have said B****r but it sounded like F****r to me.

Sponsored Links
T-*-*-t seems to have gone the other way though. When I was at school it was only very mild, a bit like a buffoon, but now it seems to be thought of as being on the fairly rude list.

To return to the original question, I'm reminded of a similar observation I made back in the sixties. Most of us boys thought it would be a great idea to work our way through the entire female population. Now I can see why that should be - we must have evolved from some non-pair bonding ancestor - and I don't suppose it's changed much but here's the bit that always had me stumped. How come a few of them who had made a start, however minimal, were so quick to slag off their soon to be ex-girlfriends?

Time after time one would hear some loud mouth say "You don't want her, she's too easy" as if to imply that sex ought to be difficult. I could never see any logic in this attitude, especially since all the girls were listening in. Talk about c**pping in your own nest! If there's some Darwinian reason why a minority of men should deride the very women they desire most I haven't figured it out yet.

Well when I was at school I called a teacher a T-*-*-t , and he wasn't very happy..

It wasn't the Latin teacher, everyone KNEW he was a T-*-*-t .

But it was in Latin that I came across a delightful simile (simile as in "as flat as a pancake" etc). We had to translate classic Latin prose, written by one of Homer, Virgil, Ceasar and that lot. There were readable English translations, but to get good marks you had to be very accurate about translating the words. For that it had to be "Brodie's" translations, which were really dull. Except for the one phrase.
Some ancient or other described a self-appointed orator's mouth,
"Like the c*** of a she-mule, p***ing in summer".

The problem is that there are two meanings of the word, one a buffoon and the other part of the body.

The teachers may not have guessed which one you meant!

Tony

Well I think its down to how your background , kids nowadays spew filth ...

I think its an age thing too

+I work in lots of customers properties ....I have conditioned myself to yell "FLIPPIN HELL FIRE !!!" =FACKIn HELL
"BLOOMIN ECK !!" =CANT

a bit silly I know but its better than the other

can be funny when Im doing 1st fix work on a building site an other lads here ...

an its a novelty in company in the boozer with the women ,who I might add think nothing of "F" this "F" that nowadays
I wink an tell them "they need a good spanking over my knee !!!"
you can tell the women from the teasers ,lol

btw just to be very devils advocate "would men bother with a women if they didnt have a C ... ???an men could pop babies out ,lol"

felix said:
Time after time one would hear some loud mouth say "You don't want her, she's too easy" as if to imply that sex ought to be difficult. I could never see any logic in this attitude, especially since all the girls were listening in. Talk about c**pping in your own nest! If there's some Darwinian reason why a minority of men should deride the very women they desire most I haven't figured it out yet.

There is a very good Darwinian reason! To stand most chance of passing on your genes with any one female, you stand a better chance if yours are the only sperm she is impregnated with. If you attempt to impregnate a woman who has received the spendings of 10 men in the last few days, there is a lesser chance that your genes will be passed on.

Some species get around this through design: according to this guy at work, the chimpanze penis is of such a design that other chimps' sperm is drawn out of the lady chimp's tuppence. Others simply produce vast quantities of the stuff: compare the size of a cat's nads in comparison with the rest of him, against the size of human nads. For humans, the most effective way is just to make sure no-one else gets to have a go on your woman, and that you shouldn't waste resources on a woman who stands a good chance of mothering someone else's child instead of yours :eek: There's your Darwin!

Also, sex shouldn't be too easy, where's the sense of achievement then? Life would be boring if it was a matter of "Oi, you, come here and drop 'em!"... after a couple of weeks, anyway ;) Easiest thing of all would be paying a prostitute (probably cheaper than a date!), but it wouldn't be very sporting.

AdamW said:
felix said:

There is a very good Darwinian reason! To stand most chance of passing on your genes with any one female, you stand a better chance if yours are the only sperm she is impregnated with. If you attempt to impregnate a woman who has received the spendings of 10 men in the last few days, there is a lesser chance that your genes will be passed on.

Some species get around this through design: according to this guy at work, the chimpanze **** is of such a design that other chimps' sperm is drawn out of the lady chimp's tuppence. Others simply produce vast quantities of the stuff: compare the size of a cat's nads in comparison with the rest of him, against the size of human nads. For humans, the most effective way is just to make sure no-one else gets to have a go on your woman, and that you shouldn't waste resources on a woman who stands a good chance of mothering someone else's child instead of yours :eek: There's your Darwin!

Also, sex shouldn't be too easy, where's the sense of achievement then? Life would be boring if it was a matter of "Oi, you, come here and drop 'em!"... after a couple of weeks, anyway ;) Easiest thing of all would be paying a prostitute (probably cheaper than a date!), but it wouldn't be very sporting.

Adam - love your phrase 'tuppence' haven't heard that for ages!! ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I think the B word has got to be the most flexible swear word in the language.....

Oh B*****KS....Ive forgotten to buy wallpaper paste!

This New water based gloss is/the B*****ks!.....

B*****ks to it......i'll do the painting tomorrow.....im going down the pub!

Thats B*****ks.....it was supposed to cover in one coat!

Im going to ring Dulux now and B*****k them!

And a good few more ......

I think swearing is a form of punctuation....and thats all.....however theres still a time and a place for it....and i would never swear in front of someone or a customer unless they swore first......and I would NEVER use the C word in front of a woman.

Morning all! ,awoke to find we had some big rain overnight, massive puddles everywhere, I'm at work with a hang over, just thought I'd say "goodday" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back