freesat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,i have a tv with freesat built in and want to use a freesat + box so i can record,is it just a case of connecting the freesat + box to the tv via scart and it will work ok even thou the tv has built in freesat.

cheers Tom. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
My TV has freeview built in and it can be set so that a recorder can record but it is not straight forward.
It has to be in right SCART socket other one will not work.
It needs two way lead but with two way lead one can get a loop where both freeview and other programs get combined giving a ghost image.
And to record without screen being on although according to instructions can be set up is so complicated it often fails.
If the only item plugged into the TV is the recorder it may work OK. However if like me you have surround sound, VCR recorder, DVD recorder, DVD/Radio player, Sky Box, SCART to RF box. etc. Then likely it will be pain to set up.
Also it is a problem now with time as the signals sent with analogue TV that corrected the recorders time have stopped and so only way is to record extra so Hard Drive is best as can be edited post recording.
There is only way way. Try it. Specially as you don't say what you have.

Sponsored Links
Hi,i have a tv with freesat built in and want to use a freesat + box so i can record,is it just a case of connecting the freesat + box to the tv via scart and it will work ok even thou the tv has built in freesat.
Yes it will BUT if you want to use both the built in freesat tuner AND the freesat+ box then you will need THREE feeds from your dish, two for the freesat+ box and one for the freesat tuner in your TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back