Veritas 8compact unset light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello one and all, i have recenly bought a house with my girlfriend and the house has a Texecom Veritas 8Compact alarm fitted. all has been well with it until yesterday....

it wouldnt set last night an everytime you pressed a button on the panal it would do a different "beep" than it had done previously and the "unset" light would flash.

i have looked through google a bit and there were loads of posts to say change the battery etc. i have done this (maplin £35) but its exactly the same. on the posts that i found it says to:

turn mains off to alarm

open panel

disconnect battery

check fuses

turn mains back on

press the spring switch 3 times each time it will beep each time

reconnect battery

enter code on alarm panel

replace cover on alarm...jobs a good un

However......when i press the spring switch the alarm is off, dead to the world! it only gets life back into it when the battery is reconnected is this normal?

i have left my voltmeter in work i will check it tommorow, does that sound normal or do you think the transformer/ psu has gone?

cheers

sorry for the long post

Sponsored Links
The flashing led means there is a power problem , could be a tripped MCB , a blown fuse in the spur , a blown fuse at the incoming connector in the panel or a blown transformer.Use your dvm , there should be about 18v AC at the transformer output.
Oh , and don't press the spring 3 times , it will then require reprogramming from stratch.

Why press the spring?

No one says that when you change the battery.

Veritas compact's have a separate power LED to indicate a power fault. Flashing unset usually means it is waiting for a command. e.g after a user code, it flashes until you press full/part/prog etc.

Have you tried pressing reset and/or rebooting. worth a try

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for the replies

i was only pressing the microswitch as i had read it somewhere and thought that i might have to reset it due to a new battery being reconnected

strangley i left it with the flashing "unset" light for about 3 hours i just looked at it now an its all back to normal?!?

i will let you know how it goes arming it tonight

thanks once again

i think its been reset?!

we were able to "arm" it and "disarm" it this morning, but its using the code 1234 so im guessing the reset has worked!!

if it has lost all its programming i dont think it really matters as we didnt have any complicated programs (we only have 3 pir's and a door)

thanks all

i think its been reset?!

we were able to "arm" it and "disarm" it this morning, but its using the code 1234 so im guessing the reset has worked!!

if it has lost all its programming i dont think it really matters as we didnt have any complicated programs (we only have 3 pir's and a door)

thanks all
That's where "press the spring switch 3 times each time it will beep each time" comes into the equation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back